Work - Make Money Online Create Your Own eBay Store
What is an eBay Store?
No doubt you’re already familiar with the name. Since eBay’s
founding in 1995 it has become the world’s leading place to buy
and sell, a community of hundreds of millions of ordinary people, small
businesses, and even large businesses from all of the seven continents.
According to the company’s mission statement, “eBay’s
mission is to provide a global trading platform where practically anyone
can trade practically anything.”
How Do You Create An eBay Store?
- Decide what to sell. You can sell almost anything on eBay.
- Prepare to sell. You’ll want to gather information about your
items and take pictures before creating your listing.
- List your items. It takes minutes to list an item for sale on eBay.
- Complete the sale. Once an item has sold and you receive payment,
promptly ship it to your buyer.
What skills do you need to sell on eBay?
The best way to start on eBay is by advertising redundant items from
around your home. This lets you get some basic eBay selling skills while
converting dust collectors and closet fillers into cash. You will need
a postal scale to weigh your items, some priority mail boxes and packing
material, and a table with adequate lighting to take pictures of your
What can you sell on eBay?
Many people sell their old laptop once they’ve upgraded, the clothes
their children have grown out of, and even the old furniture in their
homes. Others sign up with wholesalers who will drop ship items to their
buyers. When you sell an item on eBay, you pay listing fees and turn
over a percentage of the final sale price to eBay.
Ideas To Market Your Store
The most successful eBay stores are customized with a professional look
and are carefully linked to numerous high-traffic auctions. To market
1. Use the XML export feature for indexing with search engines and comparison
2. Track site path data, unique visitors, and search engine referrals
using eBay store traffic reports.
3. Tailor your store to correspond with the appearance and feel of your
4. Run low reserve and “featured” auctions on eBay to drive
traffic to your store.
5. List your full stock in your eBay store.
6. Register and assign a domain name to your eBay store.
7. Be sure to take PayPal as a payment method so that eBay buyers can
easily pay for items they buy from you.
8. Add keywords to your store to improve its ranking on the major search
9. Use offline advertising methods, such as displaying the name of your
website on your car or RV.
10. Promote your store by word of mouth.